October 10th is World Mental Health Day so the Employer Resources section is chock full of webinars and resources that are available to you this week to dive deeper into supporting the Emotional Wellbeing of your teams.
On a lighter note, if you had to cancel your Wellness Fair this year, Alera has created a Virtual Wellbeing Fair that is ready for you and your employees to enjoy! During the week of October 19-23, your employees can participate in fitness breaks, mindfulness sessions, and a wide variety of Wellbeing breakout sessions. Breakout sessions should be finalized tomorrow. We are excited to have a 2-time Olympic Medalist as part of the line-up, as well as an array of national vendors speaking on a range of topics from mental health and support, how to communicate better in the workplace, and taking care of your personal and physical health.
Have a safe and healthy week!
- 4 Tips to Giving Great Feedback – For us to be successful leaders, teammates, parents, friends, spouses, and human beings, it’s important to give feedback effectively to those around us. Mike Robbins shares 4 key things to remember when giving feedback to others.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- 31 Ways to Celebrate Halloween This Year – While traditional door-to-door trick-or-treating may be discouraged or canceled this year, there are still plenty of ways to celebrate!
- How to Create and Stick with a Holiday Budget – With holiday spending, we often spend more than we plan. Cash ends up feeling tight which takes away from the joy of the holidays. Learn 10 steps to create a holiday budget now and decrease your financial stress.
- How Muscles Drive Metabolism with Dr. Gabrielle Lyon – In this podcast, Dr. Gabrielle fights protein food shaming with research-backed science on how protein intake supports fat loss and prevents sarcopenia, and she explains how muscles and proteins play a role in decreasing inflammation and how protein deficiency can manifest in disease.
- Breaking the Burnout Cycle – Exhausted. Stressed. Anxious. Berating yourself for “not doing enough.” These are all signs of burnout. For years, we’ve known burnout affects women more than men, and now COVID-19 has made it even worse. This episode features Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post and Thrive Global, and Emily Nagoski, author of Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle. Arianna and Emily tell personal stories about burnout, teach us how to recognize it, and share tips for preventing and addressing it in our own lives.
- Change and Loss in the Workplace – Join Lori Schwanbeck and Wisdom Labs for a practice in processing grief and moving forward effectively. Change and loss are inevitable and can throw our personal, and professional, world into upheaval. Mindfulness practice creates a rudder that can guide us through these conditions with acceptance, courage and compassion. Bringing these qualities into our workplaces, we humanize the world of work, meeting ourselves and our colleagues with skill and care during times of vulnerability and suffering. October 8th at 12:PM ET.
- Everyday Kindness: How Small Acts Have Big Impact – Kindness positively contributes to all kinds of wellbeing. While the dark days of the pandemic can lead us to focus on the negative, small acts of kindness can create a ripple effect of positivity.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- The Alera Virtual Wellbeing Fair – As referenced above, we would like to personally invite you and your employees to Alera Group’s first Virtual Wellbeing Fair. The event will be held the week of October 19th – 23rd. The event will include daily fitness breaks, daily mindfulness breaks and a wide array of national vendors speaking on a range of topics from mental health and support, how to communicate better in the workplace, and taking care of your personal and physical health.
- The toll on our mental health: How can people leaders support caregivers during the pandemic – Multiple studies have surfaced illustrating the toll the pandemic is taking on the mental health of parents and caregivers. Join this webinar to learn from brands that are innovating the policies and benefits they offer parents and caregivers, how they are getting creative, concrete ideas for adaptations, and how you can use data to make and validate the actions that you are taking. Thursday, October 8th at 2PM ET.
- Why Mental Resilience Matters and How to Build It – This webinar features a conversation with Arianna Huffington, Thrive Global Founder & CEO, Ellyn Shook, Accenture CHRO, and Joey Hubbard, Thrive Global Chief Training Officer. They will share how Accenture and Thrive have partnered to support workplace mental wellness and explore why building individual and organizational resilience is more important than ever. Tuesday, October 6th at 10:30 AM ET.
- Stressed Beyond Belief: 3 Ways to Help Your Employees Now – Your employees are struggling. But do you know just how much? Join clinical social worker and #1 bestselling author Julie Wald as she explains the state of employee mental health today. In this fast-paced, lunchtime webinar, she'll help you understand what employees are going through, how it affects your company, and what you can do about it. Wednesday, October 7th at 12:30 PM ET
- The Headspace Mental Health Toolkit – In honor of World Mental Health Day on October 10th, Headspace is sharing their Workplace Mental Health Toolkit. Get the latest research and best practices on mental health.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.